JOHN BIGGERS (1924 - 2001) Market Women, Ghana.
Profit Estimate: 30% - 70%
Hold Period: 180 Days
JOHN BIGGERS (1924 - 2001)
Market Women, Ghana.
Oil on canvas, circa 1960. 1015x1280 mm; 40x48 inches. Signed in oil, lower right.
Bigger's large painting represents the importance of the African woman in her society. Biggers has said that "Africa has a female sensibility", and "the woman was so powerful in African culture." In 1957, Biggers was one of the first African-American artists to visit Africa, sponsored by a UNESCO fellowship. Upon his return, between 1959 and 1963, Biggers created his monumental painting, Jubilee: Ghana Harvest Festival, now in the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, a group of drawings published as Ananse: The Web of African Life, and a series of paintings including this one and Ghana Washerwomen, circa 1960. Lewis, p. 140.
Payment and Withdrawal
- Payment in Bitcoin(BTC)
- Withdrawal in USD Tether(USDT)
- We immediately convert the Bitcoins to USD in order to guard from price fluctuations.
1. Withdrawal can only be made after the Hold Period is over.
2. It may take up to 24 Hours for the withdrawal to take effect.
3. Shares are non tranferrable, non refundable and cannot be resold.